Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Nolan Talks on The Dark Knight

In Focus recently post their interview with Christopher Nolan about his upcoming film, the Prestige. Then he answers some questions about the Dark Knight.

Here's a bit interesting opinion from Nolan about how he will picture the Joker on the sequel:

Infocus: Are you drawing any inspiration from Alan Moore’s “Killing Joke” — which made a point of grounding The Joker not in this “Clown Prince of Crime” stuff, but more in sadness and failure?

Nolan: We’re drawing from the entire canon. I don’t want to talk too specifically about it. The thing I will say is that if you go back to the very first appearance of the Joker in the comics …

Infocus: Which I’ve read. And he’s a bastard.

Nolan:
[emphatically] Yeah. And there’s a very clear direction … It’s pretty surprising how clearly drawn that character is in that book.

Infocus: If you’ve read those early stories, Heath Ledger makes sense as a casting choice.

Nolan: It certainly makes sense to me.

This interview is really good. I think Nolan really really gets the Batman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home